Monica and Ray Sommerville are long-time potters, starting in Allentown, Pennsylvania in the late 1970s. They moved to Pulteney in 2007 where you can find them along the Keuka Lake Wine Trail. They are located at 8727 Thornapple Hill Ext., Pulteney, NY, phone (607) 868-4409.
I am very impressed with their work for several reasons:
- Their pottery shapes are classic
- I really enjoy their glazes
- They make a very wide variety of pieces
- Their personalized logo pottery is a very creative and cost effective way to combine computer graphics with functional pottery. They can run small or large batches of various pieces with your custom artwork / logo.
- Like my other favorite potters, they are down to earth and very interesting people
Below the photos are links to their web site, along with several YouTube videos of Monica throwing pots. If you’ve never seen pots thrown before, you might find it very interesting. Monica makes it look easy (trust me, that only comes from years of experience)